Apple today previewed iOS 11 which brings powerful features to the iPad and hundreds of new features to the Apple iPhone, coming this fall. It’s touted to be the biggest software release of the tech company ever for the Apple iPad and other iOS devices:
- Powerful multitasking features (they say women multitask, men single-task – LOL – I had to say it);
- More ways to use Apple Pencil;
- Augmented reality (AR) is now a reality in all the iOS devices;
- iOS Developers can build apps for users to put virtual content on real-world scenes (Pokemon Go, anyone?);
- CoreML gives developers on-device machine learning capabilities;
- Apple Pay – pay your friends, not just your barista;
- Higher intelligence and a new voice for Siri (please don’t fall in love with her, again!);
- Photos and Camera have new professional capabilities;
iOS 11 is now available as a developer preview and free software updates for the iPhone and iPad will be available this fall (or September).
But what’s interesting is the Apple iOS 11 feature that will help drivers stay more focused on the road. Called “Do Not Disturb While Driving,” Apple iPhone can now detect when you may be driving and will automatically silence notifications to keep the screen dark. Apple iPhone users have the option of sending an auto reply to contacts listed in Favorites to let them know they are driving and cannot respond until they arrive at their destination.
At the Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple demonstrated the power iOS 11 in bringing new AR experiences to iPhone and iPad, and introduced additional tools to help millions of talented developers around the world bring new features and experiences to over one billion active Apple devices. It truly is the biggest software release – of Apple, that is.
Apple Media Helpline
Source: Apple.com via www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/06/ios-11-brings-new-features-to-iphone-and-ipad-this-fall
Image from source.